Please find below our most recent Ofsted reports, and relevant information from the Department for Education Performance Tables.
Westdale is a good school because;
Strengths of the School
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and feel valued
- Leaders have high expectations
- Staff feel respected and supported and are proud to work at the school
- Relationships are positive and the school is calm and orderly
- Pupils behaviour is calm and well managed
- Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school
- There is a broad and balanced curriculum with a range of sporting activities and a rich musical diet
- Personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school
Leaders should ensure that;
- Teachers consistently challenge the most able particularly with writing to increase the percentage who achieve at the higher standard at the end of KS1
- They allocate pupil premium funding specifically and evaluate its impact precisely to ensure that disadvantaged pupils make good progress from Reception through to Year 2.
Westdale is a good school because ;
- Pupils make good progress
- Attainment in reading, writing and mathematics is above average.
- The school is a happy place and staff show exceptional care for all pupils.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well. This helps pupils to behave well and develop good attitudes to learning.
- Classroom activities interest and excite pupils and, in turn, promote good learning.
- The school has outstanding links with parents, who speak very highly of it.
Click the link below for out latest OFSTED report