Please find below our most recent Ofsted reports, and relevant information from the Department for Education Performance Tables.
Our last OFSTED inspection was in February 2018.
Inspectors found Westdale is a good school because;
Strengths of the School
- Pupils enjoy coming to school and feel valued
- Leaders have high expectations
- Staff feel respected and supported and are proud to work at the school
- Relationships are positive and the school is calm and orderly
- Pupils behaviour is calm and well managed
- Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school
- There is a broad and balanced curriculum with a range of sporting activities and a rich musical diet
- Personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is a strength of the school
Leaders should ensure that;
- Teachers consistently challenge the most able particularly with writing to increase the percentage who achieve at the higher standard at the end of KS1
- They allocate pupil premium funding specifically and evaluate its impact precisely to ensure that disadvantaged pupils make good progress from Reception through to Year 2.
OFSTED Inspection 2014
Inspectors found Westdale is a good school because ;
- Pupils make good progress
- Attainment in reading, writing and mathematics is above average.
- The school is a happy place and staff show exceptional care for all pupils.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well. This helps pupils to behave well and develop good attitudes to learning.
- Classroom activities interest and excite pupils and, in turn, promote good learning.
- The school has outstanding links with parents, who speak very highly of it.
Click the link below for out latest OFSTED report